Dandelion rootRegular price $18.99
Dandelion root has long been used in herbal medicine to aid in a variety of different ailments. The entire dandelion plant from root to blossom is edible with a slightly bitter, chicory-like taste. The root itself is sometimes roasted to create caffeine-free dandelion coffee. When used for medicine, the dried or fresh root can be made into teas, tinctures, decoctions (infusions), and poultices.
The suggested intake of Dandelion root:
- Dandelion root has been used in daily doses of 9 to 12 g when prepared as a tea for treating digestive problems.
- The dried root decoction is made by boiling the dandelion root for 5-10 minutes. It is taken in doses of 1/2 to 2 tsp. three times a day.
Here are some of the benefits known across the world about Dandelion root:
- High cholesterol
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Some types of kidney disease
It has diuretic properties and is sometimes included in weight-loss formulations to help drop water weight. Dandelion root is sometimes used to heal skin lesions, rashes, and acne. Dandelion root may also be helpful for managing blood sugar in people with diabetes and repairing liver damage. Some people experience a mild laxative effect. This is because dandelion root promotes digestive health and clears the digestive tract of toxins. This should last three days maximum and should be mild. After that, it should begin to improve digestion.
Pregnant women or women trying to become pregnant, breastfeeding mothers, and infants shouldn’t take any herbal, medicinal, or natural intakes. The only reason is for the sake of the little ones, the body has not yet developed its full immunity.
Dandelion root is generally considered safe and well-tolerated in adults if taken in moderation. Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty in breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, and throat.
As soon as you place your order, you will receive a confirmation email (system generated).
- Allow your order to be processed. Gel products and soap products are made fresh, they will have a 3-8 business day processing time before being shipped. Dry products will have a 3-5 business day processing time before being shipped.
- When your order is ready to be shipped, we will print your shipping label. Tracking numbers are only generated once your shipping label has been printed.